In our current economy, the expansion of STEM jobs continues to increase at an unprecedented level. In fact, projections point to a need for 1 million more STEM professionals than the U.S. will produce at the current rate over the next decade. And the U.S. is not alone, this is a global phenomenon.
The Additive Education Program is building an ecosystem for 3D printing in education by networking students, machines and content via an online platform, the Polar Cloud. In three years, the AEP has donated over 2,500 polymer 3D printers to more than 2,000 schools in 40 countries providing access to technology and curriculum to some 1,200,000 students. From AEP student surveys:
69% are interested in STEM careers yet66% had never tried 3D designand80% had never used a 3D printer
Now those same students are designing, programming and bringing their own digital models to life as printed objects. But we must expand student access. Due to funding limitation, the AEP has turned down qualified applications from thousands of schools missing out on the opportunity to improve outcomes for an additional 2.5 million students. This is where you can help. Get involved. Support your local school district by sponsoring the AEP.
Schools receive everything they need to get started in 3D design and printing in their schools today:
- Polar Cloud premium account
- Polar Cloud-enabled 3D printers
- Easy-to-use 3D design software
- Class management tools
- Award winning , standards aligned curriculum and lesson plans.
- Unique School Store on the Polar Cloud to showcase and sell student designs and your school’s 3D printing services.
- Certification, training and professional development for teachers
- Access AEP design challenges & competitions to inspire your student designers
- Be part of AEP’s global community of exceptional educators and student designers.
- Open your School for Business with the Polar Cloud School Store!
Register Your Interest!
The next program will open for applications in January 2020 with awards announced in May and shipments in August. Enter your details below to be kept informed when the round opens.